Dr. R. Padmakumar is Sr. Consultant Laparoscopic and Metabolic Surgeon of Department of Minimally Invasive Surgery and the Head of Department, General & Lap. Surgery at VPS Lakeshore Hospital and also the Managing Director of Keyhole Clinic – Center for Obesity and Laparoscopic Surgery. He has been changing lives through Keyhole Surgery. Dr. Padmakumar is also renowned for new and improved treatment techniques and hailed as the leading Obesity Surgeon in India & UAE.
First in the World to perform SCARLESS BARIATRIC SURGERY with Abdominoplasty
First to start Diabetes mellitus surgery in the state for non-obese category (5th in the world).
Bariatric and Diabetes Surgery – Professional Excellence Awards
Dr. R Padmakumar was awarded Indywood Medical Excellence Award for Professional Excellence in Obesity (Bariatric Surgery) & Diabetes Surgery 2018.
Selected in the list of “100 most powerful Indians in the Gulf” ,among 40 lakhs Indians, holding 28th position for the professional excellence and commitment in obesity and diabetes surgery in 2012.
Bariatric Surgery Faculty
Dr. Padmakumar is a regularly invited faculty on Bariatric Surgery in various National and International Conferences.
- Dr. Padmakumar as faculty at Twin Theme Conference & workshop on Hernia & Bariatric Surgery
- Bariatric and Diabetic Surgery Faculty at KASICON 2019
- Dr. Padmakumar was the invited specialist speaker to present topic on Sleeve Gastrectomy (for Obesity) and Colorectal cancer surgery at the IASGO 2013 (The 23nd World Congress) to be held at Bucharest, Romania.
- Invited as speaker on diabetes surgery in the National conference of Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Conference – BSMC 2013 (Bariatric Surgery Master Class) held in Pune (January 2013).
Bariatric Surgery – Related Medical Publications by Dr. R. Padmakumar
- Efficacy of Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy in Type 2 Diabetes even with BMI less than 35: A Retrospective Study. Read Article…
- Effectiveness of Minimally Invasive Hybrid Surgery for Ileal Interposition (MIHSII) for the Resolution of Type 2 Diabetes. Read Article…