Cancer Surgical Treatment
Department of Minimally Invasive Surgery, VPS Lakeshore Hospital, headed by Dr. R. Padmakumar, offers comprehensive surgical care of a variety of cancers including, stomach cancer, colon cancer, breast cancer, chest cancer, soft tissue tumors etc.
The Department of Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) has an efficient team with vast experience in laparoscopic surgeries. Dr. R. Padmakumar is one of the few surgeons in the world performing keyhole surgery for Thyroid Cancer.
Cancer (also known as malignancy) is a group of diseases, which is caused due to the abnormal and uncontrolled growth of cells in the body. These abnormal cells divide uncontrollably and invade the adjacent parts of the body. Cancer is one of the leading causes of death in the world. Some of the common types of cancer include breast cancer, lung cancer, stomach cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer, etc…
The treatment for cancer typically includes chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and/or surgery.
- Endoscopic Total Thyroidectomy
- Lymphadenectomy for Thyroid Cancer without neck cut or neck scar.
- Endoscopic Radical neck dissection
- Parathyroid tumours – removal by endoscopic method
- Keyhole surgery for cancer stomach
- Stapler anastomosis to promote perfect healing
- Early resumption of activities without prolonged rest
- Laparoscopic Abdominoperineal resection (APR)
- Anterior Resection without colostomy
– Avoids major trouble for patient for taking care of stoma
– Avoids Ressurgery
Advantages of Laparoscopic Surgery
- Avoids abstinence from work
- Helping early initiation of adjuvent therapy (chemotherapy, radiotherapy)
- Avoids wound related problems like pain, infection and hernia
- Better cancer clearance
- Better lymph node clearance
- Reduced recurrence.
- Significantly improve quality of life
Breast Cancer Surgery
Breast conservation surgery
Thoracoscopy for Chest Cancer
- Significantly reduced pain
- Avoids major thoracotomy
- Maximum preservation of lung tissue.